Dallas Movers- Moving Planner
Dallas Movers – MOVING PLANNER
8 WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
• Obtain a floor plan of your new residence and decide what household items you want to keep.
• Begin an inventory of all household goods.
• Solicit estimates from several Dallas Movers.
• Contact your insurance agent, and ask them about your homeowner’s policy to determine whether your possessions are cove when moving.
• Establish a file for all moving papers and receipts.
• Arrange to transfer child(ren)’s school records.
• Choose a Dallas Movers.
SIX WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
• Begin search for good health-care professionals in your new location.
• Fill out post-office change of address cards.
• Send your new address to anyone that might need it — insurance agents, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, friends, relatives, etc.
• Clean out closets and dispose of all items that you will not be taking with you.
• Hold a moving/garage sale or donate items to charities.
FOUR WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
• For self moves, reserve a truck or trailer. Obtain necessary moving supplies: boxes, twine, labels, etc.
• Start packing!!
• If your dallas movers is doing the packing, arrange for it to be done one or two days before loading begins.
• Send furniture, drapes and carpets for repair or cleaning as needed.
• Begin to use up overstocks of staple foods.
• Gather valuable personal papers that you may need at your destination location, including medical and dental records, school records, birth certificates, etc.
• Make travel plans and arrange any motel or other reservations.
THREE WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
• Arrange to have utilities (gas, electric, phone, cable, water, etc.) disconnected in your present home, and connected at your new home.
• Ready car registration and insurance records for transfer.
• Notify State Motor Vehicle Bureau of your new address.
• Arrange for child care on moving day.
• If necessary, reserve apartment elevator for pickup and/or delivery dates.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOU MOVE
• Arrange to move pets. Dallas Movers -can help you with that
• Check with Dallas Movers about moving house plants. (Some Dallas Movers will not move plants).
• Dispose of all items too dangerous to move, including flammable liquids.
• If necessary, have your automobile serviced and ready for the trip.
ONE WEEK BEFORE YOU MOVE
• Transfer all bank accounts.
• Cancel newspaper delivery.
• Have enough medication to last at least two weeks. Have prescriptions forwarded to a pharmacy at your new destination.
• Buy traveler’s checks.
• Make arrangements to pay for your move.
• Withdraw items and close safety deposit boxes.
Need more information about Moving ?
Call us 866.503.9766